It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year over year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support the creation of product and end user documentation. You will mind meld with our developers, product managers, and product owners to shake out all the knowledge and organize it into a clearly written, easily understandable structure. You will develop product documentation, end user documentation, and new product announcements in a fast-paced environment that changes rapidly.
- Create and manage product documentation for our CashApp and Vuebill product lines, including end user documentation, product description documents, and feature specifications, which detail current available functionality, configuration best practices, release notes, definition of product announcements or what’s new and what’s coming for product features
- Collaborate with product owners, development, and quality engineers to publish documents as features become available
- Work with sales, product marketing, training and other writers to assist with marketing, training and end user documentation
- Work in partnership with Product, Development, Sales and other departments to support our client documentation needs
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to create technical documentation within a fast-paced, product-centric environment - 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven task analysis, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail, with an ability to detect subtle errors and ambiguities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to leverage single-sourcing tools, such as MadCap Flare
- Experience with authoring tools, such as MS Office products
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker preferred
- Knowledge of DITA nice-to-have
- Understanding of HTML, SQL, and/or web APIs nice-to-have
- Experience in SaaS, online payments, software or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Communications, English, Journalism or a related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top