Systems Support Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-overy-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
You will join our talented “eOps” team charged to pro-actively monitor, support and report on all electronic operations and applications to guarantee reliability and availability for our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms. You will be a part of a growing team that provides exceptional support and communications to a variety of internal teams in the troubleshooting and analysis of technical issues affecting customer-facing solutions.
You will interact heavily with various internal customers to promptly resolve issues ensuring 24x7 systems availability. This job will be demanding, but offers the right candidate the opportunity to be an instrumental piece in safeguarding the delivery and uptime of our best-in-class solutions.
- Pro-actively monitor applications and system performance in production environments, using tools such as Nagios or similar
- Respond to and troubleshoot complex issues with our SaaS products and electronic operations
- Write SQL to fix application data issues
- Serve as a resource for development teams on code deployments and release management
- Identify system/application shortcomings and recommend solutions
- Create and maintain documentation
- Automate tasks and create efficiencies by writing scripts in Powershell or similar
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal production issues
- Work with the systems/network engineering teams to resolve complex issues within specific service level agreement times
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years of proven success in a fast-paced 24x7 production environment
- Ability to pro-actively monitor application and system performance to ensure reliability and availability
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Ability to write and execute SQL scripts
- Demonstrated ability to automate with Powershell or a similar scripting language
- Solid understanding of supporting applications in a Windows Server environment; Experience with Linux nice-to-have
- Understanding of monitoring database performance; Experience with SQL Server nice-to-have
- Experience supporting applications hosted in Azure nice-to-have
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business including peers, technical management, customers and/or external vendors
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience in a SaaS and/or online payments business nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Ideally, the flexibility to work a staggered/flexible schedule as needed, with rotational on-call duties
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday," we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top