What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Software Developer to join our Quick Response Team tasked with the rapid turnaround of code enhancements and production issues handled outside of core product development teams. As a Developer on this team, you will resolve critical code issues and write software across all Billing & Payments products on the UI, web service and database layers.
- Work with a cross-functional team to write and debug software
- Code and support web-based and server-side applications
- Collaborate with Client Support to prioritize and triage production issues
- Prioritize work using Agile Kanban techniques
- Diagnose production issues and propose solutions that achieve the proper balance between technically-sound yet quick to implement
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- 2+ years of proven success in coding, delivering and/or supporting customer-facing web applications
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot code issues and quickly turnaround a solution
- Solid knowledge in some flavor of SQL with a strong understanding of relational database technologies
- An understanding of Agile techniques, such as Kanban or SCRUM
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of testable application design principles utilizing a unit test framework preferred
- Understanding of REST APIs nice-to-have
- Experience with C#, Python and/or C++ nice-to-have
- Experience delivering software in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environment nice-to-have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top