What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Software Developer (PHP) to design, implement and support features for our Billing & Payments platform. As part of an Agile team, you will work on both the front-end and back-end portions of several web-based products and be actively involved in ensuring we ship quality, scalable products. You will interface with internal teams, such as Product, Quality and DevOps, to help bring our codebase to a modern, testable, maintainable platform.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging Scrum techniques to build customer-facing products
- Design, code, test and support services written primarily in PHP
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we improve and modernize our codebase
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to design, code and implement services in PHP
- Demonstrated understanding SQL and relational databases such as MySQL
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Well-honed skills in source control management using Git, SVN or similar
- Understanding of web protocols such as SSL, FTP, HTTP and Email
- Professional experience with at least one PHP framework preferred, such as Zend2, Phalcon, Slim or Laravel
- Experience with TDD utilizing a unit test framework such as PHPUnit or similar preferred
- Understanding of both Linux/Apache and Windows/IIS nice-to-have
- Exposure to Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud or container services/tooling nice-to-have
- Experience with C# nice-to-have
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Desire and willingness to learn
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top