It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. For the past 17 years, Billtrust has achieved remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Software Developer to join our Agile team tasked with designing, implementing and supporting software services for our SaaS Payments platform. As the leader in Payment Cycle Management, you will help this team break new ground for a modern payments infrastructure while building highly-scalable, transactional APIs.. You will interface with internal teams, such as Product, Quality and DevOps, to create new services around credit card and bank networks and gateways leveraging public cloud, parallel processing and CI/CD.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging Scrum techniques to build & support platform features
- Design and implement APIs, and evolve them over time
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we improve and modernize our codebase
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to analyze and break down the problems of a complex business domain into elegant and targeted solutions
- Ability to design, implement and evolve REST APIs
- Proven ability to build services in C#, .NET/.NET Core and Web API
- Demonstrated understanding SQL and relational databases; Any experience with NoSQL stores nice-to-have
- Expertise with TDD utilizing a unit test framework such as NUnit or similar
- Understanding of the CI/CD process, specifically using AWS, desired
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Well-honed skills in source control management using Git or similar
- Experience with parallel processing and/or queuing techniques to enable high-throughput tasks to operate at scale
- Knowledge of API security, and any experience with related technologies such as OAuth or SAML, nice-to-have
- Experience with NACHA or payments processing nice-to-have
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Desire and willingness to learn
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top