Senior Vice President, Sales
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Vice President of Sales to drive revenue growth through sales process development, implementation and optimization, talent management, and close collaboration with the overall organization. You will lead our growing team of approximately 40 sales professionals across the country and directly manage several VPs. Reporting to the President, you will contribute to the overall strategic vision of Billtrust and bring market, prospect and customer insight to the company to drive enhanced product development and service delivery.
- Lead the team to exceed targets for sales and revenue growth from both new logo and existing customer sales consistent with margin expectations
- Optimize sales processes and ensure consistent execution of same
- Recruit top caliber sales professionals at all levels of sales organization and scale the organization to support the company’s vast market opportunity
- Collaborate with our marketing organization to maximize benefit from demand generation and account-based marketing investment and execution
- Coordinate closely with implementation and professional services organizations to ensure efficient transition from prospect to customer and accelerate revenue generation
- Refine, implement and manage compensation schema that drive desired team behaviors in alignment with company objectives
- Manage ongoing forecasting process to provide predictable results
- Partner with senior leaders to gather and provide valuable feedback to Product Strategy, Professional Services and other relevant teams for process and product improvements
- Lead sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and overcoming challenges that are impeding revenue growth
- Provide leadership to the sales organization and company overall, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
What you'll bring to the team:
- A proven track record leading a geographically distributed sales team selling Saas B2B enterprise software
- Demonstrated success scaling a sales organization focused on enterprise level customers in the financial technology sector
- A history of success recruiting and retaining top tier sales professionals with proven ability to exceed performance targets
- Proven ability to define, implement and drive a disciplined, systematic sales process across the enterprise and client sales teams
- Ability to be a collaborative manager and strong influencer with superior interpersonal skills and strong business acumen
- A track record of success as a sales leader who can successfully negotiate contracts with six and seven figure annual recurring revenue with large corporate customers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top