Senior Vice President, Product Strategy
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-overy-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Vice President of Product Strategy to provide vision and leadership for our Payment Cycle Management product portfolio. Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, you will balance product strategy with tactical execution while meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external stakeholders. You will attract, manage, and grow a distributed team tasked with solving complex challenges within a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environment. Collaborating with Development, Sales, Product Marketing, Professional Services and other teams, you will ensure our innovative products keep us ahead of our competition, provide value to our clients, and position the company for continued growth. The Senior Vice President, Product Strategy will have a significant strategic impact and influence on the direction of our company.
- Set vision for the future of our products
- Form strong relationships with Software Development, Quality Engineering, Sales, Client Success and other teams to ensure timely delivery of products that delight clients
- Drive roadmap delivery for existing products while creating new opportunities for product innovation
- Recruit, develop, and grow a talented, distributed team of Product Management and UX professionals
- Evaluate and evolve product pricing strategy across our portfolio to ensure measured profitability
- Manage and report on product P&Ls
- Help establish and evaluate direction around M&A strategy
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to successfully lead product strategy and execution for a complex software product portfolio – 15+ years of relevant, progressive experience
- Ability to effectively prioritize requests of internal and external stakeholders with a focus on meeting commitments
- Ability to build, manage and foster a highly-productive, team-oriented environment
- Strong ability to recruit, train and lead each team member to reach their potential
- Ability to plan for the future strategy while maintaining the current delivery
- Demonstrated track record of building positive relationships across Engineering, Sales, Marketing and other departments
- Ability to influence others and gain buy-in at the team, peer and executive level
- Understanding of software solution design
- Working knowledge of Agile processes
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, payments or product-centric business; B2B experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Comfortable with up to 10-25% travel
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top