Senior Systems Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to build and manage our systems and network infrastructure and play a key role in design and support decisions. You will join our talented IT operations team charged with ensuring the reliability, scalability and availability of a multi-site networking infrastructure consisting of Cisco and Meraki devices, and systems infrastructure consisting of Windows and Linux servers. You will work closely with our TechOps, Database and Development teams to extend best practices, optimize configurations, develop automation, monitor system health and troubleshoot issues that impact our customers.
- Manage, monitor and support the availability and performance of our multi-site infrastructure, hardware and production environments
- Automate system deployments, patches and application upgrades
- Support a complex multi-site SSL VPN network infrastructure
- Extend and support our high-availability (HA) solutions and our virtualized environments
- Collaborate with sysops, devops, and infosec teams to support and execute system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures
- Perform off-hours maintenance as needed and take part in our 24x7 on-call rotation
- Create and maintain accurate documentation
- Identify areas for process improvement, and automate repetitive tasks
What you'll bring to the team:
- 6+ years of success in a fast-paced 24x7 production environment, with a proven ability to support enterprise systems and network infrastructure
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to leverage networking and wireless solutions, such as Cisco or Meraki
- Ability to support Linux, particularly RHEL and CentOS
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting virtualization efforts using VMware ESX or similar
- Experience in supporting storage subsystems, such as NetApp or EMC Isilon
- Ability to automate via scripting languages and tools such as Powershell, Python, Bash or similar
- Ability to leverage infrastructure monitoring tools, such as Nagios
- Demonstrated proficiency with web hosting, including IIS and Apache
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business including peers, technical management and/or external vendors
- Experience in a SaaS, software, product-centric or payments business nice-to-have
- Relevant certifications, such as CCNA, preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top