Senior Software Developer
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Agile team tasked with designing, implementing and supporting software services for our SaaS Payments platform. As the leader in Payment Cycle Management, you will help this team break new ground for a modern payments infrastructure while building highly-scalable, transactional APIs. You will interface with internal teams, such as Product, Quality and DevOps, to create new services around credit card and bank networks, and you will serve as a senior member of this team as we build our platform leveraging public cloud, parallel processing and CI/CD.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging Scrum techniques to build & support platform features
- Design and implement APIs, and evolve them over time
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we improve and modernize our codebase
- Perform code reviews and help mentor engineers on the team
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to analyze and break down the problems of a complex business domain into elegant and targeted solutions
- Experience transforming existing and functioning systems to a modernized, service-based stack
- Strong ability to design, implement and evolve REST APIs
- Strong ability to build services in C#, .NET/.NET Core and Web API
- Demonstrated proficiency of SQL and relational databases; Any experience with NoSQL stores nice-to-have
- Expertise with TDD utilizing a unit test framework such as NUnit or similar
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Well-honed skills in source control management using Git
- Experience with parallel processing and/or queuing techniques to enable high-throughput tasks to operate at scale
- Knowledge of API security, and any experience with related technologies such as OAuth or SAML, nice-to-have
- Experience with NACHA standards or payment gateways nice-to-have
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top