Senior Software Developer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a full-stack Senior Developer to join our Agile team tasked with designing, implementing and supporting solutions for our front-end and back-end SaaS platform. In addition to developing new features, you will also help to bring our codebase to a modern, testable, and maintainable platform.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging SCRUM techniques building customer-facing products
- Build a great user experience for our customers utilizing the latest front-end technologies
- Design, code, test, and support application features and backend services
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we continually improve our code base
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Demonstrated capability with a high-level language, such as C# or Java, to build RESTful services
- Expertise utilizing a unit test framework such as PHPUnit or NUnit
- Master of some flavor of SQL, preferably utilizing MySQL
- Demonstrated experience working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey which walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top