Senior Software Developer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our newly-formed Collection Solution team tasked with designing, implementing and supporting solutions for our Collection/Credit SaaS platform products. In addition to developing new features, you will also help bring our code base to a modern, testable, and maintainable platform.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging SCRUM techniques building customer-facing products
- Build a great user experience for our clients utilizing micro service architecture and related technologies
- Design, code, test, and support RESTful services and batch processes
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we continually improve our code base
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to design and code high quality, scalable services and batch processing
- Strong ability to build RESTful services in C#/.NET and/or Node.js
- Expertise with TDD utilizing a unit test framework, such as NUnit
- Mastery of some flavor of SQL, preferably utilizing MySQL
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform and CI tooling desired
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top