Senior Security Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
We're excited to move into our new, modernized company headquarters - Starting June 2018, our home will be located at 1009 Lenox Dr, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Security Engineer provide to plan, design and deploy security controls which safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data. You will analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related anomalies based on security platform reporting, log files, host-based and automated security alerts. As a critical member of our growing Information Security team, you will be relied upon to architect security solutions and business solutions to improve the Billtrust security posture.
- Integration of Key Management System across varying internal products
- Monitor anomalous detection engine and correlate with other security products
- Hardening of network, software and firmware
- Security tool deployment and maturation
- Security metrics definition and delivery
- Attack vector modeling
- Prevent and analyze malware
- Report on incidents, conduct investigations, and be a critical part of CIRT
- Rapidly assess a situation and identify, isolate and communicate vulnerabilities and threats
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven abilities in a technical IT security capacity – 7+ years of relevant security engineering and/or architecture ideal
- Working knowledge of network protocols, such as DNS, LDAP, DHCP, NFS and Kerberos
- Understanding of applied cryptography, including PKI, SSL, key management, SSH identities
- Proven ability to understand and deploy an enterprise DLP solution, along with accompanying policy creation
- A self-starter with a proactive attitude and the ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Ability to grasp new concepts and upskill rapidly
- Strong understanding of Hyper-V, VMware or similar
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management
- Working knowledge of Linux and Ubuntu
- Demonstrated knowledge in privacy and compliance frameworks, such as PCI, HIPAA, NACHA, SOX, SOC1/2, and data types such as PHI, CCN, SSN, PII
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- CISSP preferred, and additional certifications such as CEH, CISA, CISM or others nice-to-have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top