Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Test Automation)
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to work in an Agile team to ensure quality deliverables for our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Billing and Payment products. You will create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases, automate test cases where possible, and lead testing activities for your team to ensure our products are correct, performant, and scalable. You will need to be collaborative and influential with developers, product owners, and other cross-functional groups to ensure quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, tracked and resolved. You will serve as a customer advocate by helping to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver best-in-class technical solutions for our Billing and Payment products
- Create and document test plans, test data, test cases, and automated scripts to ensure functional coverage and quality for APIs, web applications, and client-server applications
- Implement tools and techniques supporting robust automation for web applications and services, deployments, and running test suites
- Perform web, API, functional, regression, load, and end-to-end testing – automated and manual as needed
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Identify, document, and track all software defects to closure and implement process improvements
- Work with team to reduce error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
- Partner with DevOps and other teams to utilize automation and run test suites as part of our Continuous Integration (CI) environments
What you'll bring to the team:
- Strong ability to plan, create, automate, and execute test plans and test cases in a fast-paced, technically-challenging, product-oriented environment – 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute SQL queries to verify data structures, formats, and values
- Firm understanding of quality engineering and Agile/scrum practices, processes and techniques
- Experience with test case management tools, such as Jira, Zephyr, or Spira Test
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories preferably using Git
- Experience with Jenkins and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform for CI desired
- Experience with mobile testing, and load/performance testing tools such as SOASTA or JMeter, desired
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top