Senior Python Consultant
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with 50% year over year growth over the past 5 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our services from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Python Consultant to join our Client Services organization for a three month period. You will be responsible for the development of data parsers and script logic to extract data from client files into our platform, along with the design of customer bill templates to meet client requirements. Work requests will consist of new builds, enhancements, and complex issue resolution. You will have the opportunity to be a key technical partner for new client implementations as well as modifications for existing clients.
- Develop solutions with an eye towards efficiencies and repeatability so as to improve the turn-around time and quality of the team’s output
- Write Python scripts to parse and apply business logic to client data
- Design and develop templates for the layout of client bills
- Write custom reports and perform data manipulation through SQL scripts
- Perform analysis and resolution for assigned cases in a timely and high-quality manner
- Collaborate with Project Managers to analyze and clarify requirements
- Contribute to our knowledge management repository
- Recommend best practices, answer questions regarding feasibility issues, and serve as a subject matter expert on mapping and templating to support Client Services, Professional Services, Sales, Business Development and Marketing
- Function as a “go-to” person for more complex and/or client-sensitive mapping/templating projects and issues
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, automation, and tools within the Application Support team
What you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated ability to develop scripts in Python or a similar scripting language such as PHP, Perl or Shell; 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, product-centric environment ideal
- Ability to perform data analysis and develop SQL database queries
- Effective in communicating with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Energy, creativity, attention on detail, and an ability to learn quickly
- Proven experience in learning new systems/processes and making contributions quickly
- User Interface (UI) development experience nice-to-have
- Report writing experience nice-to-have
- Prior experience with Agile techniques nice-to-have
What you'll get:
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Back to top