Senior Product Owner
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a high-energy Senior Product Owner to aid us in delivering services for our SaaS Payments platform. You will work with internal and external business partners to help define and document the product requirements needed to break new ground for a modern payment infrastructure, build highly-scalable, transactional APIs, and create new services around credit card and bank networks. You will collaborate with Development & Quality leads to define requirements, design detailed functionality, and advocate the development process through to implementation. You will quickly become an expert with our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions and target markets, and use that knowledge to facilitate the growth of our product suite.
- Manage multiple product teams’ backlog initiatives, epics, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
- Serve as the primary interface of the business with the SCRUM team and take ownership for ensuring a prioritized backlog is maintained so each successive sprint can be planned clearly and efficiently
- Lead our SCRUM team to deliver 100% of our sprint and release commitments on-time
- Evaluate new and existing feature enhancement requests based on market demand, ROI and client impact
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with the appropriate guidance and direction with regards to roadmap priority
- Works closely with Product team and other stakeholders to understand the business objectives and actual results of the work
- Collaborate with Dev/QA leads during product development
- Works cross functionally with other Product Owners and departments to unblock dependencies and deliver on larger product goals
- Work with product marketing and technical writers to assist with communication, marketing, training and end-user documentation
- Persona test new features throughout the release and coordinate test fest prior to release go live with internal stakeholders
- Provides transparency on results and planning through accurate reporting
- Review monthly prospect win loss reports with Product Marketing
- Identify and leverage Beta clients to assist with developing and trialing new functionality and solutions
- Post on internal social media sites weekly covering topics such as new product features, product tips and soliciting input on new features or enhancements
What you'll bring to the team:
- Ability to successfully manage product backlog in a fast paced, product centric environment – 6+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work directly with clients in user forum, round table, or customer outreach sessions
- Ability to lead release activities from analysis through to implementation
- Ability to plan for the future strategy while maintaining the current delivery
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a SaaS, online payments, software or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top