Senior DevOps Engineer
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer that is passionate about cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automating and provisioning highly-available SaaS applications. You will work closely with SCRUM teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools.
- Develop, plan and implement immutable infrastructure with AWS, Terraform, and Docker
- Build CI/CD environments and streamline deployments to AWS with Jenkins, Gitlab, and other tools
- Monitor and maintain production environment stability
- Collaborate with and influence distributed Agile teams in defining technical requirements and best practices with containerized and cloud-native applications
- Represent production support and site reliability in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions, infrastructure code reviews, and architecture reviews.
- Help evolve our configuration management efforts (Puppet, Ansible) for on-premise workloads to containers (Kubernetes)
- Provide on-call production support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-past development operations role - 5+ years of relevant experience ideal
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to build and troubleshoot Docker containers, experience with ECS, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration is preferred
- Automate the provisioning of environments with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories with Git
- Solid understanding of deploying and operating Linux variants in a containerized cloud environment
- Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Terraform, Docker, Python, Jenkins, Linux Shell Scripting, AWS CLI
- Experience with some of the following is a plus: Kubernetes, NGINX, Sumo Logic, CloudFormation, Serverless Framework, DNS, AD, Networking, VPC configuration, Azure, Powershell
- Ability to support and extend our CM environments, tools and processes using Puppet or Ansible, nice-to-have
- Windows systems administration nice-to-have
- Understanding of Agile techniques nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top