Senior Database Administrator (MySQL)
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a passionate Senior Database Administrator (DBA) who will be part of a dynamic team in charge of the database architecture, administration and management of our enterprise, large-scale database systems. You will play a key role in managing and improving the health, availability, reliability and scalability of our database instances in a 24x7 environment hosted on premise and the cloud (AWS + Azure).
- Provide DBA support across the dev, QA, staging and production environments
- Install and configure MySQL instances, databases and replication for optimum performance
- Implement high availability (HA), scalability, disaster recovery and backup/recovery solutions
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, etc.) and/or open source tools
- Setup monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Take ownership of and follow through on database-related requests/tickets from different departments in the organization
- Research and implement solutions to leverage features in the latest versions of MySQL and NoSQL technologies, such as MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Collaborate with application dev/QA teams on implementing database best practices and reviewing/optimizing SQL code
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours support
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability in executing and supporting strategies to ensure the health of enterprise database environments – 5+ years of relevant experience in 24x7, mission-critical settings
- Successful track record in the hands-on support, monitoring, architecture, deploying, security, monitoring, performance and troubleshooting of MySQL Server instances
- Ability to plan, communicate, perform and verify production changes
- Ability to design and implement complex DR and high-availability/failover solutions
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of database security, enterprise backup and restore, and replication strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing large and complex data sets within MySQL databases
- A mindset towards automation, and an ability to script in Bash, Python or similar
- Demonstrated success in technology evaluation and deployment efforts
- Strong sense of ownership in providing extremely secure, highly-available, fault-tolerant enterprise systems
- Knack for pro-actively identifying and resolving technical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Agile Kanban nice-to-have
- Familiarity with MongoDB, DynamoDB and/or SQL Server technologies nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top