Senior Data Scientist
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to use predictive modeling, statistical, data mining, Machine Learning, and other techniques to collect, explore and extract insights from structured and unstructured data. You will mine large data sets for predictive analysis ultimately allowing our clients to make more strategic business decisions.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of internal data
- Define data requirements and gather information for predictive analysis
- Develop data structure to support the generation of business insights and strategy
- Analyze data requests from internal and external clients
- Maintain data integrity and develop scripts for data movement and processing
- Identify opportunities to use data to develop new strategies and improve business performance
What you'll bring to the team:
- Ability to utilize predictive modeling and other methods to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis – 10+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, product-centric environment ideal
- Ability to use programming and analytical tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, Teradata or similar
- Understanding of deep learning, machine learning, Big Data and NoSQL
- Ability to manage data quality and define procedures to solve quality issues
- Proven ability to build model data sets based on requirements
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to leverage Azure and/or AWS (Elasticsearch, Data Pipeline, Redshift, S3) nice-to-have
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Back to top