Sales Development Representative
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
As a Billtrust Sales Associate, you will come onboard as a salesperson-in-training. You will be assisting our Regional Sales Executives by cultivating leads and selling Billtrust product suites to businesses by identifying and qualifying new prospects. Although there is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position, you will learn about the tech industry as you progress. This position will provide you with a foundation for a successful sales career in the high-tech space.
At first you'll:
- Learn Billtrust products, messaging, and customer stories
- Become proficient in researching contacts and organizations to uncover "buying triggers"
- Build territory and prospect plans with your Regional Sales Executive counterparts
- Learn the market and key buyers to engage along with the value we bring to both
- Create instincts to identify what organizations to target
- Consistently meet goals and build your pipeline of created opportunities
As you progress you'll:
- Become more agile in your outreach and messaging to increase the number of meaningful conversations you are having each day
- Know how to manage your pipeline of opportunities and create a formula for success to meet sales targets
- Continue to build your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Begin to expand your knowledge of our Inside Sales process and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field
- A minimum of 1 year plus with proven success in a telemarketing role and/or sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- A proven track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships in order to network and develop leads
- Excellent client service skills with well-honed ability to engage prospects during your calls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to create and deliver remarkable messaging during your efforts
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint) in order to effectively create documents and messaging content
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday,” we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in West Chicago, just east of downtown Geneva at the DuPage Airport. The Metra UPW and BNSF line go to neighboring towns around West Chicago.
Back to top