Sales Development Representative
What you'll do:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will support Billtrust by engaging new mid market and/or enterprise accounts through prospecting and program strategies. You’ll cultivate new opportunities with the right people at the right companies to support the Billtrust sales team in achieving our bookings targets. You will be supported by a structured onboarding process, peer and manager coaching and ongoing guidance from sales executives and field leadership. You’ll collaborate with regional sales executives, program managers and field leadership on strategies to effectively engage target accounts and convert to interested buyers. Not only is this position an opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of a mid-market and/or enterprise level buyer’s journey and the Billtrust product family, but it’s an opportunity to continue to build a foundation for a successful sales career in the technology space.
- Learn and convey Billtrust value proposition through appropriate messaging and customer stories
- Execute program strategies by following up with prospects in a timely manner to schedule meetings for the Billtrust sales executives
- Learn the Billtrust buyer’s journey, activities and entry/exit criteria to develop a holistic view of the overall pipeline
- Hone your communication skills by working with internal coaches on cold calling, personalized emailing and objection handling
- Engage prospects during your calls by demonstrating active listening skills and asking meaningful questions to gather preliminary information
- Collaborate with Billtrust sales executives on prospecting plans to engage accounts
- Hit pre-defined program conversion rates through cadence adherence and a tight feedback loop
- Participate in weekly role-playing exercises to improve conversations with different personas and verticals
- Achieve certification in pre-defined product training
What you'll bring to the team:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or another related field
At least one year of related work experience
Ability to work within defined frameworks and follow up on tasks in a pre-defined time frame
Ability to work cross-functionally, learn new approaches and provide actionable feedback to improve results
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn, develop, and grow
Internship experience with a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago.
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
See Inside the Office of Billtrust
Billtrust accelerates and automates the invoice-to-cash process. Billtrust works with its clients to ensure that the time it takes for its clients to receive payments from their customers is as short as possible. The company’s streamlined, cloud-based solution allows its clients to increase productivity, cut costs, and improve customer relationships and cash flow.
Back to top