Quality Assurance Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to work with our Agile team to ensure quality deliverables for our software-as-a-service (SaaS) VueBill platform. You will create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases then coordinate testing activities. You will ensure quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved. You will collaborate with dev, product and other cross-functional groups to deliver high-quality products.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging SCRUM techniques to deliver high-quality releases
- Create test plans, test data, test cases and automated scripts to ensure quality for web client & server applications
- Perform web, API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance and end-to-end testing
- Develop automated tests using Selenium Webdriver (C#), nUnit, SQL, and other scripts
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Document test cases, write and reproduce accurate software problem reports, and implement process improvements
- Identify, document, and track all software defects to closure
- Work with functional teams in reducing error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
What you'll bring to the team:
- Strong ability to plan, create and execute test plans and test cases in a fast-paced product-oriented environment – 2+ years of relevant experience ideal
- Firm understanding and practical experience in scripting and/or programming languages utilized for test automation and verification, with a strong preference on C# and Selenium Webdriver
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute SQL queries
- Firm understanding of quality engineering practices, philosophies and techniques
- Experience with test case management tools, such as JIRA and SpiraTest
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Basic understanding of RDBMS, such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins or similar strongly preferred
- Experience with load and/or performance testing tools nice-to-have
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top