Professional Services Project Manager
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with 50% year over year growth over the past 5 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our services from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
As the Project Manager, you will lead project teams to deliver multiple simultaneous projects that span across several business and technology areas. You will be expected to effectively manage resources, schedule, and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle (discovery, analysis, design, construction, test and implementation.) Projects you typically manage will address implementing new clients, performing platform migrations, or implementing additional products purchased by existing clients. You will be proficient in the areas of Project Management, Relationship Management, Business Analysis and Resource Management.
- Use communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of project timeline, milestones, and expectations on delivery across internal and external teams
- Discuss project requirements in detail based on client’s statement of work (SOW), including but not limited to file specifications, file transfer protocol, hardware requirements.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive project plan using project management software and execute all stages of the implementation.
- Host weekly status meetings with clients and proactively track, plan, and report on implementation progress.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals
- Monitor change requests and prevent unapproved requirement modifications that result in scope creep
- Communicate as needed with third party financial institutions, and effectively manage client expectations
- Facilitate configuration options session with the client to define system setup
- Manage revenue and profit responsibility for projects under direct management
- Provide consultative direction, employ good judgement and work in partnership with clients to resolve any potential conflicts or concerns during project execution
- The candidate will have significant input and responsibility for quality and timeliness of all project deliverables
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent education/experience
- 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle management of small to medium scale technical projects
- Ability to discuss both technical and business project requirements in detail
- Leadership skills to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to conduct client and status meetings
- Experience with Project Management Tools to execute under accelerated timeframes is a plus
- Project Management certification a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Back to top