What you'll do:
The Billtrust Procurement Manager will manage all vendor relations and contracts for corporate-wide initiatives, initially with the intent to build an organization that will eventually be able to assume all enterprise contract management responsibilities. You will act as the single point-of-contact for all procurement activities and vendor contracts. You will work with our A/P department, and departments across the company, to optimize competitive purchasing within the company’s quality requirements.
- Provide leadership and oversight for materials, contracted equipment and services
- Conduct and/or oversee RFP processes and contract negotiation for all major materials (paper, envelopes, ink, etc.), services and products, ensuring the highest level of business ethics
- Monitor purchasing contracts to ensure that the company receives all services and products as agreed, including vendor compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), if applicable
- Ensure existing vendor management policies and procedures are followed
- Interact with functional leaders to proactively identify potential sourcing opportunities
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers; together with functional leaders, negotiate and finalize terms and conditions on contracts
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost reductions and efficiencies
- Review new vendor requests prior to engaging services
- Provide supplier identification, qualification and quality support; provide analytical support for complex sourcing activities
- Plan and conduct sourcing events and negotiations in conjunction with the Legal department
- Create a database of vendors relevant to company needs; provide periodic economic data and forward-looking indicators
- Perform dashboard analysis and presentation of marketing, price, cost and financial analyses using various reports and data, and prepare narrative synopses for management
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to manage vendor relations and RFP processes for a high-growth software company - 6+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to represent end user interests through an ability to identify critical customer requirements and ensure the procured services or products meet expectations
- Demonstrated ability in services procurement experience including negotiating contracts – 3+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Self-starter, motivated and capable of working with limited direction
- Ability to communicate and effectuate change at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to lead by influence
- Tech-savvy and proficiency in various software, including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Six Sigma Certification and/or PMP Certification nice-to-have
- Experience in a SaaS, FinTech, software or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top