Manager, Sales Training
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-overy-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
You will have the opportunity to contribute to our growing success by leading our training efforts for the Sales and Marketing groups. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of on-going training programs, including on-boarding new hires and training and development of internal teams with primary focus on sales, client sales, business development, pre-sales and marketing.
As part of the Manager of Sales Training you will create, conduct, and evaluate training workshops for internal Billtrust applications with the goal of Billtrust employees passing company specific certifications. You will create course guidelines, deliver training courses and build out a knowledgebase which includes supporting documentation. If you are passionate about employee development and training technology and have the skill for creating and presenting engaging technical subject matter to a diverse audience, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop a training strategy and engaging curriculum for the Billtrust sales teams; this will include, developing metrics, partnering with departmental Subject Matter Experts(SMEs) to create certifications, etc
- Create and conduct on-boarding training courses and ongoing learning and development programs for sales and marketing departments
- Create and update training materials including new hire playbooks to supplement instructor led course delivery
- Develop training curriculum including definitive learning objectives, associated learning activities and documentation to support instructor led training for Billtrust employees
- Incorporate feedback from class participants and other training stakeholders to improve and expand curriculum and teaching methodology
- Encourage and promote Billtrust company culture, policies, software and products necessary to execute training classes
- Maintain practical experience configuring and using the Billtrust suite of products consistent with course teaching responsibilities
- Partner with Instructional Designer to create on-demand eLearning courses as needed to achieve learning objectives
- Document system functionality and business process best-practices to support teaching responsibilities
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of proven success in training various levels of professionals; such as, sales and marketing teams
- 2+ years of prior management experience
- Experience in delivering training to adults with in-person and remote delivery via webinar
- Experience using instructional design methodology such as ADDIE to develop instructor-led training
- Demonstrated ability to create training courses on complex technical processes and software
- Well honed ability to conduct exciting and engaging training sessions for large groups in a variety of organizational and skill levels
- Depth of practical experience in both technical and non-technical training required
- Demonstrated aptitude for software applications and technology
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday,” we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in West Chicago, just east of downtown Geneva at the DuPage Airport. The Metra UPW and BNSF line go to neighboring towns around West Chicago.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top