Lead Software Architect
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
As a Lead Architect on the Billtrust Billing and Payments Agile team to serve as visionary leader, builder, operator and play a key role in the evolution of our SaaS platform. You will solve complex technical challenges in information extraction, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms to name a few. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and good judgment.
- Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding projects
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Actively mentor individuals and the Billtrust developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
What you'll bring to the team:
- Advanced software design skills, with the proven ability to build and support scalable, testable solutions in a product-centric environment
- Language-agnostic mindset, with proficiency in at last one of the following: C#, PHP, C++ or Node.js
- Ability to provide direction and mentoring to a group of senior developers, QA engineers, and architects
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to determine feasibility of design, ensure code quality, and deliver releases
- Proven ability to design and implement REST APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of testable application design principles utilizing a unit test framework, such as NUnit or Google Test
- Solid knowledge in some flavor of SQL with a strong understanding of RDBMS, such as MySQL
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform and CI tooling
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Experience with NoSQL databases desired
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top