Lead DevOps Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer that is passionate about cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automating and provisioning highly-available SaaS applications. You will work closely with SCRUM teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools and additionally, you will help evolve our configuration management (CM) efforts.
- Develop, plan and implement automated application deployments
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency via automation in a highly-virtualized infrastructure
- Build out environments and streamline deployments to AWS
- Monitor and maintain DevOps environment stability
- Collaborate with distributed Agile teams to define technical requirements and resolve technical design issues
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-past development operations role - 5+ years of relevant experience ideal
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to build and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, NuGet and/or Chocolatey
- Ability to build and streamline deployments in AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories with Git or SVN
- Ability to document and train on CI/CD best practices to our IT & Engineering organizations
- Solid understanding of deploying and operating Windows and/or Linux variants in a highly-virtualized or hosted environment.
- Experience with some of the following preferred: Vagrant, MySQL, NoSQL, SonarQube, Splunk or Graylog, Nagios or New Relic, Docker
- Ability to troubleshooting network services and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, AD, LDAP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, HTTP, IIS and Apache
- Ability to support and extend our CM environments, tools and processes using tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Ability to automate using scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, VBscript or similar
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Back to top