IT Project Manager
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year over year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
You will work closely with members of our leadership team while managing cross-functional, cross departmental projects. You will utilize your expertise in complex project management to champion the project management disciplines within the unit/project portfolio. As the IT ePMO Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of technical solutions through effective planning and execution throughout all phases of project life cycle. You will support the ePMO project governance processes and ensure that project and program management deliverables are met accordingly. As you will own all project level reporting, you will follow ePMO project and program level reporting standards and timelines to ensure accurate and timely reporting of project metrics.
- Direct mid to large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal matrix team and external partners in all aspects of project lifecycle
- Rigorously manage scope and resources to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters
- Create scope document, work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for assignment of project personnel
- Develop project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, communication plan, and other project related artifacts to help execute on responsibilities and complete the project
- Manage project financials and conducts on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures
- Maintain issue list, proactively escalates risks/issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risks and resolve issues. Recommend and take action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Prepare and present project reports for management, sponsors, or others. (inclusive of financial, time, and quality focus)
- Participate in technical assessments and business process workflow review and documentation. Identifies and documents opportunities for increasing efficiency.
- Establish, schedule, and facilitate regular project meetings with project personnel and/or sponsors to review progress and mitigate risk or resolve issues.
- Be an active leader in the company. Foster a collaborative cross-functional culture and successfully influence other business functions and executive management. Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years of internal project management (IT, Mergers and Acquisition, cross -departmental and cross-business unit project experience, product life cycle knowledge).
- IT Processes experience
- Strong understanding of technology and PMO operations with proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. You also have true Project Governance and Business alignment maturity with the ability to build teams and manage executive expectations at the project level. Not only must you have the ability to identify and understand problems and recommend competent solutions, you also are able to prioritize, organize, and disseminate information efficiently.
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders and the ability to conduct difficult negotiations.
- Strong sense of urgency and proven background meeting stringent timelines for project deliverables
- Ability to learn the business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments by effectively analyzing business requirements
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Six sigma and M&A (Due Diligence, Integration) experience a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top