Director, Software Development
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Director of Development to bring software leadership to our team charged with building and supporting our Software-as-a-Service Vuebill platform. Reporting to our Vice President of Development, you will be responsible for all aspects of the platform including SaaS delivery, web services, database design, and security protocols. You must be able to work in a fast-paced Agile environment and communicate effectively with distributed teams. You will manage and grow a talented team tasked with solving complex problems within a high-growth, highly-technical, product-centric environment.
- Plan and direct activities associated with creating software for our Vuebill platform
- Manage, develop and grow a talented group of distributed engineers
- Lead efforts to deliver software products on time and within budget while collaborating with Quality Engineering, Product and IT/Ops teams
- Maintain technical ownership to design, develop and secure high-quality software products in a Microsoft/.NET environment
- Be an advocate for Agile delivery and help drive teams towards Continuous Integration (CI)
- Work closely with product development to ensure requirements are implemented in a timely manner
- Review system architecture for performance enhancements to underlying workflow
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven success in leading fast-paced software development teams delivering commercial software; 10+ years of relevant experience preferred, with progressively-responsible management roles
- Demonstrated success in leading Agile/SCRUM teams to architect, code and support online products
- Strong ability to recruit, train and lead each team member to reach their potential
- Strong ability to define development standards and methodologies for existing software teams
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various technical team leaders and members
- Demonstrated success in software project management
- Knowledgeable on a variety of current programming languages, frameworks, tools, and techniques, such as C#, Microsoft .NET Web API, Angular, SQL Server, Azure, Git, Jenkins, unit testing, caching, ETL processes, etc.
- Experience in a SaaS, software, or product-centric company highly preferred
- Scrum Master certifications (CSM) nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top