Director, Business Development (Partners)
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
As Director, Business Development (Partners) you will develop and support strategic relationships with a targeted group of banks and payment institutions as a channel to take Billtrust products and solutions to market. This position will provide strategic direction and leadership in Billtrust’s efforts within the financial services ecosystem and be responsible for all financial institution partner-based revenue growth in North America.
- Successfully recruit, on-board, and enable banks and payment institutions as successful channel partners to achieve quota and build ecosystem
- Team with direct sales reps to manage sales process for partner opportunities, including:
- Working with partners to identify and develop leads and opportunities
- Supporting regional sales teams on opportunity pursuit
- Defining and implementing regional field engagement plans
- Advise on appropriate integrations and solution partnerships, helping to enable when feasible
- Serve as resource for competitive dynamics among software offerings and partner landscape in banking/payments
- Manage partner enablement activities in conjunction with Sales Enablement team
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven success in enterprise software sales in both direct and indirect environments – 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience
- Experience in the Banking and/or Payments space required
- Strong executive selling skills as well as a demonstrated success in establishing and managing partner relationship with banking / finance channel partners
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software or product-centric business nice-to-have
- Track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets in complex sales environments, both as an individual contributor and as a sales leader
- Strong ability to grow executive-level relationships with regional and global banks and payment institutions
- Global/International operational experience nice-to-have
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a results-driven attitude
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and organization skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top