Desktop Support Specialist
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our services from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to provide day-to-day support to ensure end-user productivity for our fast-growing employee base. You will use troubleshooting techniques to provide accurate, timely and creative resolutions to computer-related issues. You will serve as a liaison between the IT department and end-users, ultimately responsible for reliable software, hardware, peripherals, and other devices for all levels of our organization.
- Ensure access, functionality and continuity of IT systems
- Receive requests, directly and via JIRA tickets, and provide friendly, efficient support to end-users
- Install, maintain and repair computer systems, hardware, software and peripherals with a sense of urgency
- Recommend changes to improve processes, computer capabilities, and legacy procedures
- Automate tasks and create efficiencies via scripting
What you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to support and troubleshoot various end-user computing needs - 2+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment ideal
- A commitment to providing a positive customer service experience
- Ability to support Windows 7/10 operating systems
- Demonstrated skills in supported laptops, desktops, printers, A/V and peripherals
- Proficiency in creating, deploying and maintaining images
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a user-friendly language
- Ability to triage complex technical issues for all levels of the organization
- Adept at working autonomously and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A mindset towards automation, with an ability to script in Powershell or VBscript (or similar) preferred
- Ability to support and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008/2012 nice-to-have
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot networking issues nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Back to top