What you'll do:
As a well-rounded Accountant you will have primary responsibility to assist in the monthly close and reporting processes. You will help to drive accurate reporting and analysis for a rapidly expanding FinTech leader.
- Equity Management- own, update and maintain an equity workbook, assist in stock option monthly expense calculations within e-trade. Also, update and maintain our cap table
- Review state and federal tax related requirements and complete state nexus review
- File state registrations and regulatory filings
- Review partner plans to create reports to calculate and process payments
- Support the preparation of monthly financial statements by preparing monthly journal entries and analyzing account variances in a timely fashion
- Respond to internal and external customer requests
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as assigned both timely and accurately
- Assist in the completion of monthly billing, as well as interim and year-end audit requests
- As part of team, complete required documentation of internal controls and processes
- Collaborate in implementation of Accounting Software programs
- Partner with all stakeholders involved in merger and acquisitions as they occur
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher, with knowledge of US GAAP and experience working as an Accountant supporting a public company
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills for collaboration internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills and proven success working in other financial software
- Well-honed attention to detail to ensure completion and accuracy on all tasks and projects
- An ability to resolve issues as they arise and utilize forward-thinking to generate process improvements, as needed
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top