What you'll do:
Reporting directly to the VP of Compliance and Risk, you will be responsible for leading the Billtrust audit team and overseeing all aspects of our regulatory, operational and customer audits.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee all aspects of the annual audit process: including but not limited to SSAE 18 SOC 1 and SOC 2, PCI, NACHA as well as our annual Pandemic readiness test
- Develop and lead the process for integrating acquired companies into the Billtrust audit cycle
- Facilitate requests for customer audits and if necessary oversee any onsite activities
- Provide hands on leadership support as needed to ensure all audits are completed timely and on budget
- Propose process and control enhancements as needed to mitigate gaps or accommodate changes in the organization
- Facilitate engagements with external auditors, consultants, customers and other third parties with questionnaires, reviews, investigations, etc. as required
- Develop, manage and maintain process flows and documentation related to the audit processes
- Communicate audit findings and review results with appropriate parties and coordinate corrective actions as necessary
- Foster good working relationships with business unit managers and technology leaders to ensure the organization meets its objectives in a risk controlled manner
What you'll bring to the team:
- 7+ years audit experience in a financial or technology company
- 3+ years’ experience managing senior business and IT auditors
- Significant history of conducting successful SSEA18 SOC 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 audits
- Demonstrated ability to design and evaluate controls for effectiveness and completeness
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper analytical processes and procedures, independently derive conclusions and present results to management
- Proven track record of working collaboratively on compliance and security initiatives
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent technical writing skills are required
- Must be able to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience
- Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Must be team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- CIA, CISA, CPA a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top