Associate Systems Support Engineer (Night Shift)
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
We're excited to move into our new, modernized company headquarters - Starting June 2018, our home will be located at 1009 Lenox Dr, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
What you'll do:
You will join our talented “eOps” team charged to pro-actively monitor, support and report on all electronic operations and applications to guarantee reliability and availability for our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms. You will be a part of a growing team that provides exceptional support and communications to a variety of internal teams in the troubleshooting and analysis of technical issues affecting customer-facing solutions.
You will interact heavily with various internal customers to promptly resolve issues ensuring 24x7 systems availability. This job will be demanding, but offers the right candidate the opportunity to be an instrumental piece in safeguarding the delivery and uptime of our best-in-class solutions.
- Pro-actively monitor applications and system performance in production environments, using tools such as Nagios or similar
- Write SQL to fix application data issues
- Identify issue trends and elevate appropriately through management escalation path
- Seek opportunities for process improvements and make recommendations
- Maintain awareness of new operational processes as they are introduced
- Accurately document and update knowledge-base when applicable
- Understand the importance of Client-First service delivery, its impact to clients, and how it differentiates Billtrust
What you'll bring to the team:
- Strong technical abilities, including a demonstrated understanding of software technologies, system functionality, and data files
- History of proven success in a client service, or technical or application support role, with a passion for supporting a SaaS client base
- Ability to utilize CRM technology to document and manage client support issues through monitoring and incident management
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with defined operating protocols, systems processes, and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Solid critical thinking skills with the ability to interface with various internal support partners to derive solutions
- Active listening skills with the ability to understand root cause of issues and understand the "why" behind the issue
- Remarkable interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Strong client engagement skills to enable an overall memorable client experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Flexibility to work a shift sometime between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am EST
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top