Associate Process Automation Engineer
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for the manipulation of data parsers and script logic to extract data from client files, emails, and web portals. You’ll work within our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool and other data platforms to lead the completion of projects from requirement gathering all the way to implementation. As an Associate Process Automation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a key technical partner for new client and partner processes.
- Develop and configure automation processes using Billtrust’s third-party RPA tool, UiPath, to digitize the completion of critical business tasks
- Create file parsers and data output using a third-party ETL tool to facilitate the delivery of financial data to partner platforms
- Write custom reports and perform data manipulation through SQL scripts
- Work collaboratively with internal and external test teams during the UAT phase of each project
- Collaborate with Project Managers to analyze and clarify requirements
- Recommend best practices, answer questions regarding feasibility issues, and serve as a subject matter expert on mapping and scripting to support Client Services, Professional Services, Sales, Business Development and Marketing
- Function as a “go-to” person for complex and/or client-sensitive data/scripting questions and challenges
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, automation, and tools within Billtrust’s Emerging Solutions team
What you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated ability to develop scripts in Python or a similar scripting language such as PHP, Perl or Shell
- Ability to perform data analysis and develop SQL database queries
- Effective in communicating with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Energy, creativity, attention on detail, and an ability to learn quickly
- Report writing experience nice-to-have
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top