Associate Data Engineer
What you'll do:
Billtrust is seeking an Associate Data Engineer to join our Data Intelligence group, responsible for aggregating all data across the enterprise, managing that data, and leveraging it to service internal teams and external clients to provide insights and make better business decisions. You will utilize your education and passion for data to evolve our efforts for ETL processes, data warehousing and data movement. You will work closely with and learn from other data professionals skilled in BI, data science, and data warehousing.
- As our core platforms move to a microservices architecture, write ETL processes that are timely and optimized
- Assist in designing attributes for ETL processes
- Contribute to ensuring security of the data movement
- Write SQL for reports and data aggregation
- Produce BI dashboards for internal departments
What you'll bring to the team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to create ETL processes/jobs - 2+ years of success in a fast-paced, product-centric environment, with a demonstrated understanding of data engineering and data aggregation
- Experience leveraging commercial ETL tools like SSIS or similar, or creating jobs in Python or similar
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational data, and non-relational data
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools, such as PowerBI or Looker
- Experience with some of the following nice-to-have: SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, AWS, Azure, Redshift, Snowflake
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban techniques nice-to-have
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a distributed, team-oriented environment
- Experience in a SaaS, software, product-centric or payments business nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!
Who we are:
Learn about our engineering culture here.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Back to top