Systems Engineer – Singapore Region #2
Systems Engineer – Singapore Region
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to explore new networking challenges in our Singapore Region.
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!). Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company.
- We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits
Our Systems engineers are an integral part of the sales team at Big Switch Networks. As a Systems Engineer, you will assist with understanding customers' requirements, architectural designs, sales / technology presentations, conducting product demonstrations and proof-of-concepts (PoC’s), RFI / RFP responses, and presenting at industry thought leadership forums.
Our Systems Engineer will ideally have in-depth, hands-on experience with Big Switch products and services as well as competitor's products and services, and can demonstrate strong networking and datacenter skills to customers and partners.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design an available and sustainable network with customers through an in-depth understanding of customer's organizational structure and network implementation
- Test new routing designs, features, and functionality as required by the customer in a POC laboratory environment
- Develop plans to implement and verify that new routing designs or features are operating correctly in the customer's live network
- Prepare and conduct network design and information gathering workshops with the customer to understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs
- Use subject matter knowledge to define best practices for company's products routing applications from customer experience
- Participate in mentoring fellow peers as needed
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- College degree, BS/BA in EE/CS or equivalent (Required)
- 7+ year's general networking industry experience with LAN switches, routers, and associated protocols (Required)
- Experience selling and supporting hyperscale networking infrastructures
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SDN and NFV technologies, IP protocols, tunneling technologies and security
- Strong understanding of datacenter virtualization technologies, preferably Openstack
- Strong understanding of Unix shell scripting or Python programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to a broad audience from technical to executive audiences
- JNCIE or CCIE certification desirable
- Ability to travel throughout the region and occasionally to HQ in CA, USA is required
- This position will work remotely
- 20%+ travel required and may work at other undetermined worksites in the region
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
- Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
- Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. Big Switch Networks, provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top