Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer (#2)
Position: Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to join our Product Management Team in the role of Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer.
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!). Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company. We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits, including generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter, and 401(k) plans; we also contribute to a Health Savings Account and provide Life Insurance for our employees. We have a bright, friendly office in Santa Clara with a nice kitchen stocked with goodies. We provide 2 breakfasts and 3 lunches per week free of charge to our employees.
This senior TME role is an important and highly visible role in the company. The ideal candidate must be proactive with excellent problem-solving and judgment skills working in a fast-paced startup environment. This individual is expected to drive technical product and solution-centric deliverables as well as engage with engineering, field, technology partners, and customers. The position requires presentations at industry conferences on customer use case-driven solutions with Big Switch SDN products. Engages with technology partners on API-level product integration. The candidate must enjoy highly collaborative environment and possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
The individual will be expected to be fast on their feet, apply common sense, and execute tasks with minimal direction.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct product and solution-level technical marketing functions for Big Switch’s SDN-based fabric products
- Engage closely with product management, engineering and field to deliver technical collateral for products and solutions, including presentations, technical white papers and videos
- Define joint solutions consisting of Big Switch & partner products, articulate value proposition and differentiate against competitive offerings
- Engage in competitive analysis and product positioning
- Provide technical product insights and details to Big Switch customers and partners
- Perform hands-on work with customers during product evaluations.
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, designs, and network deployments
- Assist in the selling process by participating in customer calls, creating on-line demos & training, as well as on-site customer training
- Support industry events, booth demos, webinars, hands-on labs, etc.
- Work with Technical Writers on product documentation and solution guides
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- BA/BS in CS, CIS, EE or closely related technology field is required
- 7-10 years' experience in a TME role required
- Expert level understanding networking, fabric technologies and Data Center care-abouts
- Experience in virtualization (VMware, OpenStack), hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), container environments (Docker, Kubernetes), software defined networking and programming (e.g. Python)
- Thorough understanding of large scale network designs and data center operational environments needs
- Proficiency with MS Office skills required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English with fluency
- Very good presentation and communication skills to present to technical and C-Level audiences
- Experience in SDN, cloud computing, Big Data, storage and/or fabric technologies is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Switch Networks products and services a huge plus
The TME team is based out of our office in Santa Clara. This position requires about 20% of travel. Must have the ability to travel on short notice.
How to Apply:
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, resume and a short cover letter, explaining your relevant experience and why you want to work for Big Switch Networks. Please include your salary expectations.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. At Big Switch Networks we provide equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top