Regional Sales Manager - Federal - DOD
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - Federal - DOD
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to be our next Federal, DOD, Sales Guru.
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!). Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company.
- We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits, including generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter, and 401(k) plans; we also contribute to a Health Savings Account and provide Life Insurance for our employees.
The Regional Sales Manager, Federal, DOD, is responsible for driving revenue, productivity, and customer satisfaction with key clients across the assigned region. The role will provide strategic direction, knowledge, resources, programs, tools, and processes to business partners and customers in support of complex solution sales. This includes understanding customers' requirements, architectural designs, delivering sales / technology presentations, RFI / RFP responses, and presenting at industry thought leadership forums.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and lead a team of technical and commercial resources to drive/meet and exceed revenue and customer satisfaction objectives
- Develop and maintain territory/account plans
- Recruit and enable business partners in accordance with global partner strategy and objectives
- Maintain Salesforce.com database of customers and your interactions with them
- Support in-region marketing activities
- Manage and support deal strategy, structure, and approval process in collaboration with corporate, customer service, and sales operations teams
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- BS/BA in Business, CIS, or closely relevant education and experience required
- 5+ years direct/partner sales experience required, preferably within the DOD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Proficiency using the latest versions of Microsoft Office products
- Experience using SalesForce.com
- Multitasking skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Working knowledge and experience leading diverse sales teams selling complex technology solutions
- Sound business acumen, and ability to work closely with C-level executives
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop complex account plans and strategies
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally (verbal and written) with customers and to interface with a variety of organizations within the DOD
- Strong time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Global/multi-national business experience is preferred
- Experience with monitoring and data center switching preferred
- A proactive, can-do, positive attitude and start-up experience is a big plus
- In depth knowledge of Big Switch products and solutions also a big plus
- This position will be telecommuting
- Up to 50% ground/air travel required and may work at other undetermined worksites in the U.S.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. At Big Switch Networks we provide equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top