Position: QA Systems Engineer
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to join our QA Team in the role of QA Engineer.
We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineering specializing in systems testing. This individual works closely with the development and QA teams to run manual tests as well as automate tests across the entire product architecture. This includes functional tests, solution tests, scaling and performance tests, regressions, UI, and black box tests. This individual writes test plans, implements and executes testing strategy, and reports testing progress.
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!). Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company. We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits, including generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter, and 401(k) plans; we also contribute to a Health Savings Account and provide Life Insurance for our employees.
- We have a bright, friendly office in Santa Clara with a nice kitchen stocked with goodies. We provide 2 breakfasts and 3 lunches per week free of charge to our employees.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Automate CLI, GUI and backend tests
- Write test plans and test cases based on specs and product knowledge
- Execute Web Application and API based test cases manually
- Perform front end and back end testing
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bugs and work with developers
- Execute automated tests and pro-actively improve automation coverage
- Participate in deployment to production and subsequent production smoke tests
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- BS Engineering (or equivalent) required
- 5+ years of overall testing experience, including writing test plans and executing and automating test cases
- L2/L3 networking experience
- Solid knowledge of network design, issues and deployment scenarios
- Experience in using a variety of test tools (Ixia, Spirent, etc.)
- Proven ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Basic Linux/ Windows Sys admin skills
- Good understanding of scripting knowledge (Perl, Python or Shell)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Master’s degree or higher, or equivalent commercial experience
- 3+ years’ experience writing automation with Selenium and JUnit/TestNG
- Good RDBMS (SQL) knowledge
- Experience with OpenStack
- The QA team is based out of our office in Santa Clara
How to Apply:
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, resume and a short cover letter, explaining your relevant experience and why you want to work for Big Switch Networks.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. At Big Switch Networks we provide equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top