Network Consulting Engineer / Trainer. HQ or Continental US
Network Consulting Engineer/Trainer
(MUST be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship)
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to be our next Network Consulting Engineer/Trainer.
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!). Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company.
- We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits, including generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter, and 401(k) plans; we also contribute to a Health Savings Account and provide Life Insurance for our employees.
As a member of Big Switch Networks Advanced Services team, you will be part of a global team of engineers supporting our customers remotely and/or at their premises during deployment and operation of Big Switch Networks products. You will be assisting with design and deployment of Data Center Networks utilizing BSN Products. You will also train customers about BSN products and use cases. In this role, You will be isolating and analyzing complex networking issues and providing solutions working with internal and customer's teams as an SME in a high-impact and fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates should have excellent customer relationship skills with broad and solid networking knowledge and training experience; able to build high quality, long-lasting relationships with the customers to become the trusted technical advisor. This position requires frequent travelling.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand customers' business requirements and develop Architecture & Design documents for the customers
- Develop and execute Proof of Concept and/or Deployment Acceptance test plan and test reports
- Develop implementation guide with configuration templates and deployment plan for customers deploying BSN products
- Execute or assist our customers in executing the deployment plan
- Resolve complex technical issues as product expert working with Customer’s Network Operation Center Engineers as well as with BSN Escalation and Development Engineers
- Analyze and report software and hardware defects
- Manage customer escalations
- Perform code upgrade assessment for BSN customers and assist or execute code upgrades
- Provide technical direction to internal teams on customer-based business requirements
- Provide training to customers on BSN products and Technologies.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- BSEE/CS combined with 8+ years of related experience or MSEE/CS combined with 6+ years of related experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of training and/or consultancy experience for Networking Technologies. (Required)
- In depth understanding of network protocols and networking software and hardware (Required)
- In depth understanding of hardware based router and switches (Required)
- In depth understanding of Ethernet switching, IP forwarding, Class of Service and services, firewall and access control, server load balancing as well as routing and switching protocols (Required)
- Strong analytical skills to debug and isolate complex problems (Required)
- Hands-on experience with customer deployment and troubleshooting of L2/L3 networking products (Required)
- Experience writing technical documentation (Required)
- Experience in Unix operating system (Required)
- Understanding of Data Center Architectures and design principles (Preferred)
- Understanding of server virtualization (Preferred)
- Experience in Open Stack, Cloud stack and Vsphere/Vcenter deployments (Preferred)
- Experience in using network testing equipment (Preferred)
- Experience in scripting (Preferred)
- Excellent English communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive, able to handle multiple tasks
- This position will be based in Santa Clara, or anywhere in the Continental US
- Up to 50% ground/air travel required and may work at other undetermined worksites in the U.S.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. At Big Switch Networks we provide equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top