Member of Technical Staff (#1)
Position Title: Member of Technical Staff
Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! (BSN). We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to join our Engineering Team in the role of Member of Technical Staff (MTS).
Why join Big Switch?
- Externally recognized as one of the top start-ups and consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!).
- Big Switch Networks is the best-funded pure-play SDN technology company. We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believe we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits, including generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter, and 401(k) plans; we also contribute to a Health Savings Account and provide Life Insurance for our employees.
- We have a bright, friendly office in Santa Clara with a nice kitchen stocked with goodies. We provide 2 breakfasts and 3 lunches per week free of charge to our employees.
This MTS role is an important role in the Company. The ideal candidate must be proactive with excellent problem-solving and judgment skills working in a fast-paced startup environment. The individual will be expected to be fast on their feet, apply common sense, and execute tasks with minimal direction.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement SDN (Software-Defined Networking) controller platform and networking applications
- Design and implement networking orchestration software on SDN controller
- Design and implement improvements to endpoint management on SDN controller
- Design and implement software forwarding for virtual switch
- Write unit test and verification tools
- Measure and improve networking performance and scalability
- Provide new features, fixes and issue analysis to support QA (Quality Assurance) team and customers
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, plus four (4) years of experience (Required)
- Experience in TCP/IP (Internet Protocol) networking and routing; Ethernet switching and Linux Kernel programming (Required)
- Experience in Data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design and programming (Required)
- Requires experience in C, C++ and knowledge of Java programming languages
The MTS team is based out of our HQ office in Santa Clara. This position may require about 5-10-% of travel. Must have the ability to travel on short notice.
How to Apply:
Log in to http://bigswitch.theresumator.com Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, attach your resume and a short cover letter, explaining your relevant experience and why you want to work for Big Switch Networks.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
- Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our open SDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Santa Clara and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualization and networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, please visit www.bigswitch.com.
- Big Switch Networks, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. At Big Switch Networks we provide equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified applicants without regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military, veteran or VEVRAA protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. Big Switch Networks is an E-Verify participant. Some positions require a background check.
Meet Some of Big Switch Networks's Employees
Technical Solution Architect
Namitha works in partnership with account managers in the Bay Area to support Big Switch Networks’ customers with general usage and specific scenarios that affect business networking.
Back to top