Windows System Architect
Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, take fun and entertainment global to millions of customers.
The Windows Systems Architect is responsible for all aspects of Windows server system administration for Big Fish Games. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures within the company.
- Evaluate, design, and implement complex business and infrastructure projects
- Oversee hardware and software lifecycle initiatives
- Assess quality of IT processes
- Maintain relationships at all levels of management
- Work with stakeholders to organize business projects
- Serve as subject matter expert in broad areas of IT
- Lead the way in implementation of new technology
- Promote technical growth of teammates
- Engage in discussion of company and organization strategic objectives
- Participate in planning overall system technology direction
Required abilities, achievements, and xp
- 10 or more years of IT experience, with at least 5 years in a large server environment
- Advanced project planning and execution skills
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Expert-level experience supporting highly available services
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expert understanding of networking and security as they apply to Microsoft technologies and architecture
- Expert understanding of Office 365 and its interaction with other email systems
- Expert-level experience with server software such as IIS and SharePoint
- Advanced experience with server virtualization (VMware preferred)
- PowerShell scripting proficiency
- Linux, macOS
- Storage (EMC, NetApp)
- Cisco UCS
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top