Web Designer (BFG Advertising)
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
The marketing team is looking for a passionate, talented, and creative website designer to help us design interactive web content for our game studios. The successful candidate is passionate about user-centered design, is meticulous and detail-oriented, and has front-end development skills. While experience matters, we are looking for someone who constantly innovates, is not afraid to tackle many projects at once, and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Designing visually stunning and highly usable game homepages and microsites that serve as a hub for game information, marketing campaigns, and improve organic discovery.
- Creating wireframes, user flows, and mockups to demonstrate how users will engage with your designs.
- Promoting best practices and design standards for web.
- Presenting and defending the successes of your design choices to stakeholders.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Proficiency in user experience and interface design and a passion for creating beautiful and functional web content.
- Must have a strong understanding of design fundamentals and able to carry a concept that is appropriate to stakeholder’s strategy, demographic, and established style guides.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Sketch or similar visual design, wireframing, and prototyping software (Axure, InVision, Balsamiq, Principle).
- Proficiency in responsive design and development across desktop and mobile browsers.
- Skill in using typography, composition, animation, color, and interactive elements across browsers and devices.
- Must have a strong portfolio of websites, both designed and developed.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive for self-improvement.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design and coding skills.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or LESS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia/Web Design, HCI/Interaction Design, or equivalent education, training, and experience.
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 700 employees across our Seattle headquarters and Oakland studio.Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top