UX Designer - F2P Games
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
SkyRocket Studios is the team within Big Fish responsible for creating chart topping mobile games like Dungeon Boss and the Fairway Solitaire franchise. Our internal game studio in Seattle is looking for an evidence-based UX Designer. If you think playing other games, doing armchair research, and having a repertoire of graphic design work qualifies you to put a “U” in front of the UX designer title that is on your resume, this role isn’t for you.
The Associate User Experience Designer's main task would be to collaborate and learn from other user experience designers to work on research or design focused tasks to create and support user-centered solutions for our games.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learn from other veteran UX Designers
- Help the team understand what our users are doing and why- usability, interviews, web and business intelligence analytics, multivariate statistics, and data mining
- Define problems and opportunities- analysis of user behaviors combined with our business needs that you will form into stories
- Design and show solutions- reports and data-driven recommendations based on your findings
- Produce sketch comps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes to create user experiences that are simple to use and elegantly designed
- Iterate based on validated learning- more testing and analysis as you work with senior UX designers and researchers
- Deliver and follow through- collaborate under the direction of senior UX designers to launch new ideas and conduct post-launch analysis on metrics and user behavior
- Be aware of emerging trends, best practices, design patterns, tools, and technologies
- Super passionate about user-centered design and with a fascination for understanding the human experience
- A player and analyst of many mobile games in all genres
- Portfolio submission
- Up to 2 years of experience with user-centered design methodologies
- Degree in a related field (human computer interaction, design, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, social science, etc.)
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience conducting user studies (e.g. digital ethnography, usability testing, interviews, field studies, surveys)
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, and low-fidelity prototypes (UXpin, InVision, Proto.io, Principle, etc.)
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top