Tools and Engine Lead Developer
SkyRocket Studios creates midcore and casual mobile games to entertain vibrant communities of players every day! Through a combination of internal-development and second-party partnerships, we have released hit free-to-play games which run the gamut of genres – from puzzle favorites like Cascade and the Fairway Solitaire franchise, to the fan-favorite RPG, Dungeon Boss.
SkyRocket Studios is an integrated part of the Big Fish community of studios (AKA “The Pond”). Located at the Seattle Headquarters in Lower Queen Anne, our offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk away from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots. Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
Want to be a part of a fast-moving studio on the rise? Elevate your career with SkyRocket studios!
Big Fish Games is seeking a passionate developer to lead our new and growing Tools & Engine team. We are expanding our midcore capabilities and unifying our tech stack, and the T&E team plays a crucial role. We’re looking for someone with strong leadership skills and full stack development experience. You should also be a domain expert in one of the T&E specialties: rendering, multiplayer networking, etc. You must have a keen technical mind, a passion for system design and architecture, and have forward thinking approach. In this position you will have a large impact on our technical capabilities, and you will help guide a small but growing team of enthusiastic and motivated developers.
- Manage and mentor a group of smart and driven engineers.
- Help architect and implement core game-agnostic features in our engine and assist the game teams with integration.
- Collaborate with multiple game teams to plan our low-level technical strategy
- Continually evaluate and improve tool chains
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to track down and resolve reported issues
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Domain expertise in at least one area of engine development
- Unity experience
- Mobile game development experience (iOS/Android)
- Java server development experience
- Able to anticipate development issues and always be ready with a variety of possible solutions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant area is preferred, along with 5+ years of work experience in game development on shipping titles
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Tired of playing the wrong kind of “games”? Join the Pond!
Back to top