System Administration Manager
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play!
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
We're looking for a hands-on technical manager to lead a group of experienced Linux Server Administrators. Do you feel like you've seen it all: the good, the bad, and the ugly? Use that background to help us solve problems and build infrastructure. You'll manage a team of SAs supporting a growing eCommerce environment on nearly 3000 Linux servers, reporting to the Senior Director of IT Systems.
- Lead operational improvement efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to organize business projects
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Review and approve operational change requests
- Promote technical and career growth of team members
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
- 10+ years of IT experience, including UNIX/Linux system administration
- 5+ years supporting highly available, customer-facing services in a 100+ server environment
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience with Apache, memcached, MySQL, and other open source server software
- Operational familiarity with configuration management systems such as CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Excellent communication and project execution skills
- Keen understanding of process and workflow
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top