System Administration Manager
Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, take fun and entertainment global to millions of customers.
We're looking for a hands-on technical manager to lead a group of experienced Linux server administrators. Do you feel like you've seen it all: the good, the bad, and the ugly? Use that background to help us solve problems and build infrastructure. You'll manage a team of SAs supporting a growing eCommerce environment on nearly 3000 Linux servers, reporting to the Senior Director of IT Systems.
- Lead operational improvement efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to organize business projects
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Review and approve operational change requests
- Promote technical and career growth of team members
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
Skills and abilities you should bring to the table:
- 10+ years of IT experience, including UNIX/Linux system administration
- 5+ years supporting highly available, customer-facing services in a 100+ server environment
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience with Apache, memcached, MySQL, and other open source server software
- Operational familiarity with configuration management systems such as CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Excellent communication and project execution skills
- Keen understanding of process and workflow
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top