Sr. Content Strategist
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalog of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
The Content Strategist will be responsible for leading content strategy, producing and managing content and collaborating with game teams on brand standards & voice for channels owned by Organic Marketing team, including the Big Fish Blog and social channels. The Content Strategist will interface as the liaison between studios and the Organic Marketing Team to ensure integration, consistency and effectiveness of content across each medium, as well as offer strategic input for campaign execution.
- Responsible for all content marketing initiatives from developing an ongoing strategy, to ideation, creation, and editing content for distribution channels driven by the Organic Marketing team.
- Develop a deep understanding of short-term and long-term marketing targets for each supported game and be able to apply this to the content strategy for individual games and channels.
- Create and publish engaging blog posts and videos.
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Coordinate with Marketing team to build and adjust strategy based on ongoing metrics reporting
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase traffic, engagement and retention for our titles.
- Ensure content is integrated into all other aspects of social media channels.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our users are looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion or engagement across distribution channels. Content must be tailored to the various approaches we have depending on the channel.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 5+ years in the content management related field
- Passion for games required; experience in games industry preferred.
- Experience writing and creating long- and short-form content for web and social distribution, preferably in the games industry
- Experience creating content not just for conversion but also for engagement and community building.
- Proven ability to create and execute a strategic content plan and measure ROI against business objectives
- Understanding of SEO/Link Building strategies and optimization approaches
- Experience with website content management systems; program knowledge of Google analytics, social channels; expert proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite (Google docs)
- Experience managing several products at different stages in their lifecycle, including experience launching new products and building audience.
- A seasoned professional with extensive experience in media content development and process management.
- A strong knowledge and history in the following areas: media planning/digital strategy, media creative creation, user-centered creative thinking, digital marketing, and an understanding of all things emerging tech and media
- Graphic Design skills a plus!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top