Software Development Engineer
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
Do you have a passion for developing highly scalable, highly available software that provides key game features to millions of users? Are you eager to work in the fast growing, dynamic, and challenging mobile games space?
The Game Platform Team is looking for a mid-level software engineer to join our team. We support a number of back-end services that drive game features and user experience. We solve complex problems and deliver highly customized solutions for our mobile business lines.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop highly performant, highly available, scalable systems that provide key features to millions of users across hundreds of different games, this is the team for you!
- Build and maintain mission critical back-end services that handle high volume of traffic
- Research, design and prototype solutions to complex business problems
- Deliver high quality, extensible and maintainable software
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to ensure integrity of end-to-end functionality
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Solid understanding of web development and client-server technologies
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and results oriented
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and be part of a world-class team
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as a Software Engineer or a related occupation
- 3 years of experience working with object oriented programming language (Java or C#) and dependency management
- 3 years of experience in programming with Python or PHP scripting language
- 3 years of experience building highly scalable, highly available, distributed systems with service oriented architecture (RESTful, RPC)
- 3 years of experience in data persistence technologies, both relational (SQL) and non-relational (Memcached, Redis, MongoDB)
- 3 years of experience using source control management tools (SVN or Git)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with concurrency and distributed computing
- Experience with data encoding and compression techniques
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top