SEO/ASO Strategist, Organic Marketing
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The SEO/ASO Strategist is responsible for implementing Big Fish Games’ overall inbound marketing plan to increase organic traffic flow to a variety of titles both on PC + Mobile. They’ll track and report on trends and consistently use these actionable insights to improve our organic user acquisition efforts.
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- Audits to identify how content should be optimized to perform better within the organic SERPs
- Develop ASO and SEO mobile strategies to improve search discoverability through ranking highly for relevant keywords, category, top free apps, and app store features
- Ability to research and create insightful reports on industry trends, audience needs & behavior, competitive assessments, content audits and digital ecosystem assessments, ensuring that they deliver actionable strategies
- Produce comprehensive technical SEO analysis to facilitate the development of clear, actionable optimization roadmaps
- Develop the international PR outreach and link placement strategy for Big Fish’s internal game studios
- Define the strategy for delivery content such as bloggers, social media influencers, and organizations
- Create content based strategies including viral campaigns, resource content, guides, infographics, and guest blogging
- Develop and execute organic acquisition and community building strategies for Social Media platforms like Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Create/maintain content marketing calendar
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiar with industry-standard SEO software
- Knowledge of blogging platforms (e.g. Wordpress/Concrete5) and hands-on blogging experience
- 5+ years’ experience in one of the following channels: Social Media, ASO, SEO, or content marketing
- ASO analysis, keyword research, A/B testing experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Technical skills and fluency is a big plus, including basic understanding of key web technologies, including HTML, CSS, PHP, JS web page code structure, meta tags, url structure, site architecture, server response codes
- Comfortable with data and analytics, particularly in Excel - SQL knowledge also a plus
- Passion for video or mobile games, search, and the internet
- Familiarity with common search & app marketing tools like Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, App Annie, SensorTower , iTunes Connect and others.
- Art, design and video editing skills a plus - experience with creative tools like Photoshop, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and more is a bonus
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow! Since our founding in 2002, Big Fish has been an industry leader in mobile, free-to-play casual games, and are now embarking on our latest adventure in the mid-core space! With just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office, the Big Fish Pond includes six studios, each with a unique personality and set of goals. We are where gamers, artists, and executives alike come together to collaborate and grow, while also enjoying the opportunities and benefits of a larger company. We’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top