SEO Marketing Specialist II
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The SEO Marketing Specialist is responsible for working with the SEO Manager in implementing Big Fish Games’ overall search engine optimization and inbound marketing plan - focusing on promotions and community outreach - to build awareness about Big Fish Games and to increase site traffic and games sales. They’ll track and report on trends and consistently use these actionable insights to improve our customer acquisition efforts.
- Develop and implement promotional opportunities to gain additional exposure through contests, creative promotions, and more
- Develop the international PR outreach and link placement strategy for Big Fish’s internal game studios
- Find and build relationships with bloggers, social media influencers, and organizations
- Develop ASO and other mobile strategies to improve search discoverability through ranking highly for relevant keywords, category, top free apps, and app store features
- Target special-interest websites and bloggers, promoting specific games and content campaigns
- Create content based strategies including viral campaigns, resource content, guides, infographics, and guest blogging
- Develop/execute blog content ideas and contribute to content brainstorming sessions
- Maintain search metrics dashboard to monitor and track search performance
- Perform ongoing keyword research and competitive analysis
- Monitor & analyze SEO trends, website activity, traffic trends, and SERP rankings
- Develop and execute organic acquisition and community building strategies for Social Media platforms like Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Create/maintain content marketing calendar
- Manage and organize content creators
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of blogging platforms (e.g. Wordpress/Concrete5) and hands-on blogging experience
- 2+ years’ experience in one of the following channels: Social Media, ASO, SEO, or content marketing
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Technical skills and fluency is a big plus, including basic understanding of key web technologies, including HTML, CSS, PHP, JS web page code structure, meta tags, url structure, site architecture, server response codes
- Comfortable with data and analytics, particularly in Excel - SQL knowledge also a plus
- Passion for video or mobile games, search, and the internet
- Familiarity with common search & app marketing tools like Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, App Annie, SensorTower , iTunes Connect and others.
- Art, design and video editing skills a plus - experience with creative tools like Photoshop, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and more is a bonus
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Back to top