Senior NOC Administrator
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
This is not your ordinary Senior NOC Administrator role. Our Senior NOC Administrators are given the flexibility to work on strategic initiatives (Projects, Automation, Tool Building) while still fulfilling their daily duties. Additionally, you will be responding to various system alerts and monitoring Big Fish networks for anomalies on team with 24x7x365 coverage. This role will also support the operations group, ensuring up-time and system functionality for various gaming platforms remains at acceptable levels.
Beyond the daily tasks and responsibilities of this role, you will also contribute to automation projects, review and create new system monitors and graphs, system maintenance, physical hardware installation, virtual environment maintenance and remote data-center time, as needed.
As a successful candidate, you will be able to recognize service-affecting problems, follow procedures, create tickets, and track issues through to completion. Communication with outside vendors and teams will be frequent; we demand a high level of professionalism both in verbal and written communication.
- Acts as first tier in identifying production related incidents and issues, including the detection of system, application, or performance degradation or unavailability
- Work independently on strategic projects such as tool building, automation projects, researching new technologies, proof of concepts and leading implementations
- Provides mentoring for junior team members
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems & applications are running and available
- Collaborate with other operations teams to carry out regular system, application, and hardware tasks
- Acts as first tier in alert response and incident resolution
- Effectively communicate with internal customers when working through incident resolution
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree, a plus
- 3+ years of production-facing Linux experience required
- Understands the fundamentals of managing Linux and knowledge of common commands like top, ps, grep, top, iostat required
- 2+ years of scripting fundamentals with Perl, Shell or Python a must
- Ability to adhere to shift work schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Must possess excellent English native proficiency written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to attend out-of-hours monthly meetings, as requested
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
- Experience with Nagios, Graphite
- Experience with ticketing systems (RT, Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Fundamentals of applications like Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Memcache
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliott Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Meet Some of Big Fish Games's Employees
Senior Game Producer
Meg works to assemble and develop a talented mid-core team with cohesive skills sets to create Big Fish Games titles together far into the future.
Back to top